CHRISTINE PETERSEN, DANISH IMMIGRANT Christine’s father, Paul Petersen, was born in Denmark in 1830, married Fredericka Lousia Christensen, and had two children, Christine and Peter. In 1879 the family immigrated to Utah Territory, to Ogden municipal ward 4 or Lynne, which was next to Harrisville where Louisa’s brothers were already living. Christine was 8 years old. There was an expanding population of immigrants from Scandinavia living on the east side of Lynne to welcome the Petersen family. Peter Sherner served as president of the Scandinavian Society.
At first Christine’s father worked as a laborer in the brake yard, and in time he established a dairy/ fruit farm at today’s address of Madison and 3rd Street on the brow of the hill east of Five Points. The Petersens accessed their farm from 2nd Street on lanes that stretched from 2nd to 7th Street above the canals. In 1889 Ogden City annexed Lynne and laid out a subdivision called East Lynne between Adams Ave. and the hill that led up to the bench (see map). In about 1900 Ogden City bridged the canals on 3rd Street, and then the Petersen family could then access their farm from 3rd Street.
Christine’s mother died in 1885. Her brother, Peter, married Mary Ann Burnhope in 1897. Christina lived on the farm with her father and later cared for her father until his death in 1911. She did not marry but worked as a caterer for weddings and parties and was employed at the old military academy and then at the Utah Industrial School. In about 1913 she moved into her own house at 108 Adams Ave. and lived there until the early 1960s. All her life she remained close to her brother. She was a member of the Five Points Congregational Church. In 1967 she died in an Ogden rest home at the age of 95.